Thursday, August 26, 2010

Automatic Doors








Just a little story I had to share with you guys about my encounter with some not so automatic doors...

I was in a store the other day... I made my purchases and headed to the door. I stood at the "automatic" doors to wait for them to open. They were taking a long time, so I thought maybe I wasn't registering. I waved my hands in front of the doors to make sure it saw me. I kept standing there, thinking that any minute it would open. Any other human being would have given up a long time ago and just pushed the doors open. Not me. After looking ridiculous long enough, the cashier walked over and as she opened the door for me, she said.. "Ma'am, you have to push them yourself. They're not automatic." Wow, did I feel like an idiot or what. So I put my head down in shame, tucked my tail between my legs, and walked out.

My tip for you: If the doors don't open within about 5 seconds of standing there, THEY'RE NOT AUTOMATIC.

I came across this picture and laughed. I sure wish they had a "Doors don't open" sign on the door I was in front of. Could have saved me a lot of time and humiliation!

No comments:

Post a Comment