Monday, August 12, 2013

Grace and Mercy

                                
                                                      

This morning I was sitting on my couch reading Ephesians 2:4-10 and I became overwhelmed with Christ's love for me. I can't even comprehend this kind of love. All I can do is sit in His presence with awe and thanksgiving. I'm undeserving of anything good and yet, because of His great love for me, He works ALL things together for good (Romans 8:28).

I hear the words "Grace" and "Mercy" a lot and have known what they mean, but have kind of always thought of them as the same thing. They actually have quite different meanings but are both ways God demonstrates His love toward us. It wasn't until recently that I really looked at the difference between these two words...

GRACE: "Grace" is God giving us what we don't deserve.

MERCY: "Mercy" is God NOT giving us what we do deserve.

I'm so grateful for both. When I deserved death, He gave me life! Thank you, Jesus! His grace and mercy is not something we can work to achieve. He freely gives it to us! A love I can't comprehend, but am so thankful for. What a good God I serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment