Wednesday, May 16, 2012

"...the greatest of these is love"



Many Christians leave a bad taste in the mouths of nonbelievers. A lot of people look at Christians and think, "Well I certainly don't want what they have..." However, if our lives actually reflected Jesus then their reaction would be the exact opposite. I believe a big reason many people are turned off by Christians is because we've become a people who are judgmental and unforgiving. I don't blame people for turning away from that. We don't exhibit the one thing people SHOULD see when they look at us, which is love. "...but the greatest of these is love." When you think of Jesus you think of love....but when you think of Christians, in many cases, "love" is not what comes to mind first (or at all).

We are ALL born sinners, so who are we to judge anyone? And we constantly need forgiveness everyday, so who are we not to forgive? It is only by the grace of God and the death of Jesus Christ that we're forgiven and saved. Thank you, Jesus!

When I share Christ with others, I want "love" to be what they see. I want them to understand that no matter what they've done in their past or what they'll do in their future, there's a God who loves them just as they are and He desires to have a personal relationship with them. That's some awesome love right there! Love is who God is.....that is the message we should make known!

There are many times that I want to be quick to judge someone, but my prayer is that God will help me to love others the way He loves. I want to love God and love people, that's what I'm on this earth to do. This might sound a little morbid, haha, but how cool would it be if under your name on your grave it said, "Loved God. Loved people." I hope that's what mine says.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I think that every Christian who doesn't embody this verse does more harm than good for Christ, no matter how much time they spend ministering to others in other ways. So scary!

    ReplyDelete