Wednesday, November 21, 2012

A Love Letter to YOU!


"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."
2 Timothy 3:16-17


Have you ever had a love letter written to you? If you're married like me, you've probably gotten love letters from your spouse. When we sit down to read the letter, we just can't wait to open it! Our heart starts beating a little faster with excitement and as we begin to read the words, we can't help but smile from ear to ear. We feel so special and loved by the words that have been written and it only makes us fall deeper in love with the person who wrote it. Once we finish reading it, we want to read it again...and again... We don't want to set it down, because no one ever gets tired of hearing about how they are admired, desired, and loved. We treasure that love letter and every word that was written.

Have you ever thought about the Bible in that way? The Bible is God's love letter to us! There is no greater love letter than the one He has written. The Bible is the only true Word of God. In the Bible we read about how God loves us and what He's done to demonstrate His love to us! The Bible shows us how to live and how to follow Christ. He knows what's best for us and wants us to experience all that He has for us. It also talks about the hope that He's given us! What a precious treasure the Word of God is! It's so important to get in the Word everyday and to let God speak to us through it and change us. As we read His love letter to us, we get that same feeling we get when we read a love letter from our spouse. We don't want to put it down as we hang onto every word with excitement and anticipation. We can't help but grin from ear to ear as we read about His unfathomable love for us and the great things He has in store for us! If you don't own a Bible please let me know and I would love to send you one!! He wrote this love letter to YOU, don't miss out!

4 comments:

  1. I love viewing the Bible as a love letter. As a single person (and I pray I continue this one day when that special someone comes along) I love to have special dates with my Lord. Little candle lit moments where I either sit on a pillow on the floor or at the table and read his word, sing worship music to him and just enjoy the moments where His love letter speaks to my soul and melts my heart. I enjoy the moments when God sweeps me off my feet when His love for me makes me fall even more in love with Him. This whole concept is simply one of utter beauty to me! I love it. Thank you so much for sharing this. It's amazing to see other people viewing God's word as a love letter! Such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love your take on this, it's a beautiful way to view the Bible :)

    On a related note, do you ever use Bible studies individually or in groups, and if so, can you recommend a few good ones?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've mainly just been going through different devotional books during my own quiet time... "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young is one of my favorites! And I just started "Sparkling Gems from the Greek" by Rick Renner which I've heard is really great. I really like "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan... I've also heard that "The Ransomed Heart" by John Eldredge is awesome...I want to read that next! And I absolutely love "Captivating" by John and Stasi Eldredge if you've never read that. Those are some of my most recent readings that I've really enjoyed... I hope that helps!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much! That's very helpful!

    I bought the Crazy Love bible study a while back, but in retrospect I think the devotional version would've been a better fit. After a couple of tries I've found that the "fill in the blanks"-approach to bible study isn't really my thing.

    I've wondered about getting Jesus Calling, but I'm a little worried that she's putting her own words into the mouth of Jesus, if that makes sense? What was your experience when you read it?

    ReplyDelete